Maximize your DIRECTV experience with our amazing HD DVR.
Open the door to the entire universe of entertainment and features DIRECTV has to offer. Experience movies and shows on your own schedule in eye-popping HD. Access our huge library of On Demand content*. Stream live TV on your computer or mobile device. And much more†.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Breathtaking picture. State-of-the-art DVR.
The HD DVR’s amazing picture quality takes your TV experience to a whole new level. And you’re in control over when you want to enjoy it. Record shows and watch them on your own time. Pause and rewind live TV. Fast-forward through parts of recorded shows you want to skip. It’s all in your hands.
On Demand titles.
With an HD DVR connected to your Internet service, you get instant access to entire seasons of the hottest TV shows, the biggest big-screen releases*—many available nearly a month before they’re on Netflix®—and a huge library of old favorites.
Stream live TV on any screen.
Who says you need to be in front of your TV to watch TV? Watch your favorite channels anywhere in your home on your computer, tablet, or phone. Some channels are available even outside your home†.
Your TV is not just
The HD DVR harnesses the power of the Internet to bring you interactive features right on your TV, including Pandora radio, and TV apps that let you check the weather, up-to-the-minute sports scores, your NFL fantasy league, and more.
Compare all DIRECTV receivers.
|FEATURES||GENIE||HD DVR||TIVO||DVR||GENIE LITE||HD||STANDARD|
|Recording capacity||200 hours
|Connect up to 8 TVs wirelessly to one HD DVR.|
|Put up to 8 TVs anywhere in your home—even outside.|
|Enjoy brilliant HD picture & sound on every TV with added Genie Minis.|
|NEW! Delivers amazing 4K programming to your 4K TV.|
|Record 5 shows at once.|
|Watch 2 channels at once with Picture-in-Picture.|
|Record and watch in any room with just one HD DVR||(R22 only)|
|Access thousands of On Demand movies and shows.|
|Record shows in HD.|
|Watch shows in HD.|
|Control what your children can watch.|
|NEW! Get brilliant HD picture now, and easily add full HD DVR features later.|
*Genie Lite HD DVR Kit required (sold separately).
Need more info? See details below.
- HDMI Control: Your receiver will automatically set your TV to the correct input when it exits the stand-by mode—so you don’t have to! (HR24 only)
- Experience up to 1080p HD picture resolution.
- Record two shows at once and up to 100 hours of HD content^.
- Get access to thousands of
On Demand titles* (Internet connection required).
- Watch live TV on your computer, tablet, or mobile device† (Internet connection required).
- Pause and rewind live TV for up to 90 minutes.
- Control what you watch — back up, slow down or use instant replay.
- Get real-time scores of any major game at the press of a button.
- Control what your kids can watch with easy-to-use parental controls.
- Automatic Power Saving mode: Receiver goes into standby after 4 hours of inactivity.
- DIRECTV is the only TV provider to earn the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award for its energy-efficient receivers.
- Quickly find what you want to watch with any keyword.
- Set your DVR from anywhere with your cell phone or computer.**
- Record a single episode or an entire series with a click.
- Watch 3D TV.
Dimensions – HD DVR Model HR24
Width: 14.9 in, Height: 2.4 in,
Depth: 10 in
All other models
Width: 15.2 in, Height: 2.8 in, Depth: 11.8 in, Weight: 8 lbs
1 digital (optical), 1 digital (coaxial), 1 stereo (L/R, RCA)
1 HDMI, 1 component (YPbPr), 1 S-video, 1 Composite (RCA)
2 satellite in, 1 internal RF antenna, 1 front USB port, 1 back USB port, 1 Ethernet port, 1 eSATA port, 1 phone jack, 1 AC power inlet connector
Genie still has more wishes to grant
Put your mind at ease.
Don’t let anything come between you and your entertainment. With a DIRECTV™ PROTECTION PLAN, you get an upgrade to the latest equipment every two years and protection for your whole system.
DIRECTV has developed a multifaceted plan for reducing our electronic waste. Our plan incorporates efforts to refurbish and recycle used electronic equipment.